Pedro’s Palm Cove Self Pickup options are available from the Palm Cove Holiday Park.
Self pickup options do not include delivery or bait.
Bait can be purchased upon booking or directly from our Self Pickup Location (caravan park reception). Conveniently located almost directly opposite the Palm Cove Jetty.
The team on site are super friendly. On pickup, simply show your Pedro’s email booking confirmation and your drivers license. They’ll be sure to help you on your way.
Opening hours there, are from 8am to 6pm seven days a week.
On return, if we could please ask you to give the bucket, board & knife a quick rinse.
A freshwater tap is located on the jetty near the fire hose, a great hand washing station!
- Self pickup and return to the Palm Cove Holiday Park opposite the jetty!
- 1 x rod (height 6’10”) two piece, with a 4000 size reel & 15-30 lb mono line
- Hand line 40lb
- One fishing chair with built-in rod holder
- Soft tackle bag organizer
- Tackle box includes various size hooks, sinkers & swivels. Wire trace and float.
- Fishing knife, bent nose pliers & lip grips
- Chopping board, tape measure
- Main storage bucket 20 Lt, plus nesting bait bucket 10 Lt
- A basic first aid kit
- Mobile friendly, local fishing info, locations, fish guide and more
- Extra adult rods @ $10 each. A one off cost for the duration of hire
- Kids rods @ $7.50 each for the duration of hire
- Extra bait @ $7.50 per pack. Prawn, Squid and Pilchard
- Extra chairs again available upon booking @ $7.50 per chair for the duration of hire
Best fishing times:
Firstly Dusk and Dawn are especially scenic times. These same times also offer an increase chance of action!
The first hour of tidal movement, from high to low and also from low to high are also good times to be soaking a bait!
Finally, look at your tide guide if you happen to find the tide patterns just mentioned coincide with dusk or dawn. Get in, get on!
As a visitor to Tropical North Queensland, for your ultimate safety we simply and strongly advise you fish from a jetty or wharf, where you can fish day or night with confidence knowing you are up high and safe from the waters edge.
Catch fish or not, we hope that a Pedro’s pack can provide an experience of the pastime that is fishing. A chance to get back to nature, relax and enjoy some quality time with family and friends!